LGBTQ+ TEENS & YOUNG ADULTS
THERE IS SO MUCH TO DEAL WITH AS A TEEN
Do you find this even more true as a LGBTQ teen?
I can imagine it’s true, it’s probably why you’re here. It can be such a terrifying moment as a LGBTQ adolescent to come out because there’s so much more to think about with the consequences at this stage in life. Especially at a time where cyber bullying is on over drive. It’s also a tough time to “fit in” if your feelings and desires are different from those you surround yourself with….I mean there’s so much pressure to fit in. Coaching can be an extremely powerful tool to use to help manage everything that goes on in the life of a LGBTQ teen. Whether you want to come out or transition or shout your gender identity from the rooftops, coaching will be the reminder of how brave and courageous it is to own your true self in all of it’s glory.
IT'S HARD BEING A TEEN.
DO ANY OF THESE SOUND FAMILIAR?
- wILL MY FAMILY TREAT ME DIFFERENTLY?
- Will MY mom or dad reject ME?
- Will I be kicked out of the house?
- WILL MY FRIENDS ACCEPT ME?
- will i be safe?
- Is it safe to come out at school?
- How do i even tell my family and friends?
- i need support but i don’t know what that looks like. Who can I trust?
- i don’t want to hold onto this secret any longer. I want to be me. how can i do THAT?
- why do i feel so much fear?
- how will i find more friends like me?
- will it be hard to date?
I HAD THOSE QUESTIONS WHEN I CAME OUT
It was such a tough time for me and I want to be there to support you.
If you just came out to your parents and seeking a way to maintain a healthy relationship, thinking about gender transition, dealing with bullying, or simply would like to be more self-expressed; I would LOVE to work with you.